Friday, November 28, 2008

It'sTime







Hello out there! Well, everyone has heard Sharon's side of of our new family lives and I thought it was time I shared a little information from my point of view.
Ok, both of the kids are doing really well with their English and school work. They have both shown me a thing or two already. Elizabeth is driven. I mean when she sets her mind at a task she will not give up....ever. I think this dogged determination will help her as she finds her way. She is a good athelete and I got the chance to help her a little bit with her Volleyball training. She had problems serving the ball. We worked on her serve and she got better quickly and finally got the chance in a real game and we were all there to see her succeed. You should have seen the smile on that girl's face. It was awesome.

As you may had read already, Michael started playing soccer and yes he is very good. And even though I did not want to coach, I did because I wanted to spend as much time as I could with him. What a blast! Even though I can't take any real credit for his soccer skills it was awesome knowing that was my kid out there. I have to say, you have to understand, that these kids had never worn a uniform and played on a team. And yet, here they were a couple of months removed from their other life learning English, going to a new school, and playing sports on a team. They are remarkable people and I think will be great contributors to American society. They inspire me to look back and that is something I have not done in a long time. My wife is truly a saint.

I've got to finish my update with a food story. First things first. The kids are addicted to BBQ. I don't know how it happened. They love brisket and corn on the cob. We got to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Austin back in October for Michael's birthday. On the way home we were all tired, but we stopped in Elgin at the Southside BBQ and bought a couple of pounds of sausage and brisket. They wrap it in brown paper hot off of the pit. We threw it in the ice chest and drove home as fast as we could. The first thing we did after unloadding the truck was to make some brisket and sausage sandwiches and pounded them down. It's the first time in a long time that I bit my finger eating a sandwich. If anybody gets the chance to stop by Southside BBQ and get some "bite your finger" good BBQ, I recommend it.

Tim

3 comments:

Marilyn K said...

Oh... the things you can bring to mind! The last time I ate BBQ in Austin, I (along with the entire staff on duty at the time) ended up looking at the wrong end of a gun in an armed robbery. Nothing I ever care to repeat. Luckily, no one was hurt & it was at the END of the meal. Haven't tried Southside but will give it a try on the next trip over that way. Glad to hear Elizabeth & Michael like BBQ - it would be next-to-impossible to claim Texas citizenship if they did not!

Maria said...

Just caught up on your blog. Your family picture is simply breath-taking! What a beautiful family you are!!! Thank you for doing what many people won't do! You are a blessing to me. I'm happy to have been a small part of your adoption! Maria Peterson

momanddad said...

Tim, was so surprised and glad to see you updated the blog. I knew it would be something about food! Bet the kids enjoyed decorating the inside and outside of the house. More work than decorating for Halloween, right? See you on Christmas Day. Love Mom